How to Check Consent.exe?
Original consent.exe file is for Microsoft User Account Control(UAC) in Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 which allows or disallows access to administrative functions. If consent.exe is legit, it appears on system location of C:\Windows\System32 folder. It has 0 bytes if it’s Windows XP system. But it’s supposed to be 81,920 bytes on Windows Vista. Anyhow, malwares can take this file as a hack tool to sneak on a system and monitor online and computer activities for collecting sensitive information. If consent.exe doesn’t appear on the specified folder and have the correct size, then you should be cautious about it. Right-click the files and select properties to check if it’s published by Microsoft. If it’s not a legit consent.exe, get rid of consent.exe timely for avoiding viruses attack.
Fake Consent.exe Causes Issues to System:
- Fake consent.exe attempts to connect with remote address
- Fake consent.exe causes system pops up suspicious error messages
- System performs weirdly and sluggishly due to consent.exe
- It’s hard to open website and freezes a lot
It is very clear that consent.exe has so much dangerous characteristics, it is advised to remove fake consent.exe quickly with the manual removal instructions.
How to Remove Threat Consent.exe?
Step one: stop consent.exe process: (press Shift+Ctrl+Esc to open windows task manger)
Step two: search and clean consent.exe files in the following directory:
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\ c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ %PROGRAM_FILES%\
Step three: search and remove consent.exe registry entries: (click Start, type regedit into the box and click ok to open registry editor)
Attention: If you have problem to deal with Consent.exe yourself, it’s recommended to get rid of this computer threat with the help of professional support.Only in this way, can you avoid any risk during operation.
Expert Recommendation: Tee Support is the #1 place to get IMMEDIATE live help for your PCs, peripherals, devices and software applications 24/7. It is faster, much cheaper and more convenient than in-store repair or service call, saving your time and money and avoiding hours of unnecessary frustration. Get your problems solved right now and make your PC run like new again!
- Remove Trojan.Win32.Monder.rv, Trojan.Win32.Monder.rv Removal Guide
- How to Fix/Remove “Polisen Enhetnen för Databrott” Virus – Desktop Unlock Help Steps
- Remove/Uninstall “Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section, United States Department of Justice” Virus Completely
- How to Remove Rogue:Win32/Onescan Virus, Rogue:Win32/Onescan Removal Guide
- Remove Virus:Win32/Bamital.Q Virus Quickly, Virus:Win32/Bamital.Q Manual Removal
- How to Remove Scotland Yard Popup Virus, Get Rid of Scotland Yard Ukash Manually
- How to Remove Win32:PUP-gen Virus, Get Rid of Win32:PUP-gen Effectively
- How to Remove “Achtung!Aus Sicherheitsgrunden wurde Windows System blockiert” Fake Alert Virus
- Remove “Achtung!!! Ein Vorgang illegaler Aktivitäten wurde erkannt. Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft” Virus (Uninstall Guide)
- Help Uninstall Trojan:Win64/Alureon.gen!K Virus Completely in a Safe Manual Removal
- Remove Goingonearth.com hijacker, Goingonearth.com Removal Guide
- How to Remove W32/Pinkslipbot.gen.b
- Problem with AsktheCrew.net? How to Remove AsktheCrew.net Manually
- How to Remove Windows Vista Restore Virus, WindowsVistaRestore Removal
- Easily Get Rid of TR/suzy.486365 Infection From My PC, How to Remove TR/suzy.486365 Virus Safely?
- How to Remove Trojan-Downloader.Agent-A FG, Trojan-Downloader.Agent-A FG Removal
- How to Remove Windows Anytime Upgrade Trojan - Guide to Get Rid of Windows Anytime Upgrade Trojan Easily
- Delete Backdoor:Win32\IRCbot Thoroughly - Backdoor:Win32\IRCbot Manual Removal Method